Wednesday 22 June 2011

IMPORTANT- Strike Action Update, Please Read



Wednesday, 22 June 2011
Dear Parent,

It is with great regret that I have to inform you that as a result of the industrial action next Thursday (30th June), we have no alternative but to close 7 classes for the day. While a further 2, whilst in school will not receive their full curriculum entitlement.

I have explored every avenue to avoid this, but legislation prohibits me from covering striking teachers with other teachers or support staff. Equally I am not permitted to ask any non-striking member of staff to accommodate additional pupils or duties as a result of striking colleagues.
I had hoped to cater for the ‘teacher-less’ children myself in the hall, but essentially this would involve me looking after 270 children aged 4-10 for the whole day. Having carried out a risk assessment of this scenario, the implications for Health & Safety would be too great.

I must state to parents that I am in support of the striking teacher’s cause, and would encourage parents to read the NUT posters on display around the school which outline a few facts.
I apologise also for the short notice, but outcomes of staff ballots have only just been made available to us.
Of course there is a possibility that the Government may perform a ‘U-Turn’ on their decision at the last minute, should this be the case we will let you know of any changes of arrangements.

I would urge any parents who are unhappy with the closure of their child’s class to direct their dissatisfaction at the Government rather than the school.

The following classes will be closed, please keep your children at home or arrange childcare:

RG,   1F,   2E,   3HB,   4C,   4BW,   5R

3G and 1D will operate as normal in the morning, however in the afternoon the children will be in the hall with me.
It may be that nursery will be closed for the day also, we will let you know tomorrow.

Kindest regards


Leigh Hovey

No comments:

Post a Comment